I have to admit this is the strangest LEGO Ideas round to date?! Whether it’s the hero worship status that has formed around RobenAnne (creator of the LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store 21310) with three of his ideas hitting 10,000 supporters or random shows not extensively known outside of North America, I’m left feeling a bit puzzled and surprised. That’s not to say I’m not a fan of the ideas to the contrary I love RobenAnne’s work and the Pop-Up Book is a clever/cool idea. Anyway that’s enough of my waffling with the festive season in full swing another LEGO Idea has snuck in and hit the magical 10,000 supporters.
The design is the brainchild of twrt0es who has based his idea around the 1983 classic movie – A Christmas Story. While the house is simple and plan it is actually a fair representation of the real thing, but it’s the detail inside that really showcases this design.
For its size there is a lot of detail crammed inside the modular house depicting scenes from the movie for which adults and kids alike can play out. The idea also comes with 8 x minifigures. More from the designer below:
“Along with the house itself, the set includes the complete Parker minifigure family with one bonus Randy, two bonus Ralphies, and the Bumpus Hounds!
- The Old Man Parker (complete with smile and surprised faces)
- Mother Parker (complete with smile and worried faces)
- BONUS: “Can’t Put My Arms Down” Randy
- BONUS: “Cowboy” Ralphie
- BONUS: “Pink Nightmare” Ralphie
- BONUS: “Bumpus Hounds” (Dada duh dut duhda)
The Lego Christmas Story House also features many other subtle details in each room including these highlights:
- Front Room
- The Leg Lamp (it actually lights up!)
- Christmas Tree
- Desk (for hiding the present)
- The radio
- The Little Orphan Annie decoder pin (a crummy commercial?)
- Dual sofas
- Fireplace with stocking and wreaths
- Cellar door (to the furnace)
- Damper control (for the furnace)
- Door under the sink
- Turkey on the table (turkey legs can be removed)
- Ralphie and Randy’s Room
- Dual beds
- Desk to write the Christmas Theme (C+?)
- Parents’ Room
- Dual beds
- Red Ryder sales pitch
- Bathroom and Hallway
- Lifebuoy soap next to the sink
- Toilet (where a boy, age 9, can sit and decode)
- Hallway phone
- Switch for the leg lamp light – see pictures for how it works
- The “Fragile” (Fra-jee-lay) crate and hand truck
- Sled on the porch
- Snow on the roof and on the ground”
Initially I was “umm not a fan” but as I’ve reviewed I like the level of detail and attention paid to the movie that’s been incorporated into the design. I wish the creator all the best, but my favorites are still Pop-Up Book and The Dive Shop.
“The LEGO Christmas Story House” joins “RuPaul’s Brick Race”, “The Dive Shop”, “JAGUAR E-Type Roadster”, “The Lighthouse”, “Boat House Diner” and“Pop-Up Book” and is the seventh LEGO Idea to make the third 2017 review panel.
Remember to support all those aspiring LEGO builders out there on LEGO Ideas.