After years of begging by fans, countless teasers and numerous dodgy leaks – Finally LEGO has given us a new LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon just in time to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars! Oh boy LEGO didn’t go for a half measure they went all in with the biggest set ever built and sold by LEGO, surpassing the Taj Mahal and original UCS Millennium Falcon not by 100’s but thousands of LEGO elements!
This set is so large that LEGO is proposing to sell the set via its LEGO certified stores with a bag/box with bloody wheels!
As speculated the new UCS Falcon will come with 10 minifigures/buildable characters covering the crew from both Star Wars Episode IV and VIII and an interchangeable antenna (original circular dish and the recent rectangular dish seen in the new trilogy). The set is made from an astronomical 7,541 pieces and will be hitting stores 1st October and will retail at AUD $1,299.99 / USD $799.99 / CAD $899.99 / GBP £649.99, and will be available early for VIP members beginning 14th September.
You may wonder where the difference lay between 2007’s UCS and 2017’s considering the footprint of the set is identical to the previous UCS, measuring over 21cm (8″) high, 84cm (33″) long and 56cm (22″) wide. Well straight off the bat this modernised version packs a lot of additional external detailing that really polishes off the look compared to the previous UCS outing. Secondly we we have some internal detailing (previously excluded).
Thirdly we have the interchangeable dishes and finally the additional details on the front of the mandibles and improved landing gear and hatch. Oh and I nearly forgot the packed in play features!
Not matter how epic and large this set is it’s not immune to a sticker sheet, but unlike past UCS it doesn’t seem to distract from the overall magic of the set. Another nice touch is a redesigned new cockpit canopy element making its first outing with this set.
Another first is the buildable cute little Porgs (yet to be seen characters in the new up and coming Star Wars movie) and a not so cute buildable Mynock.
This set really does mark the pinnacle of LEGO sets and rightful deserves the title a the largest set of all time!
See below for the official LEGO press release:
75192 Millennium Falcon™
Ages 16+. 7,541 pieces.
US $799.99 – CA $899.99 – DE 799.99€ – UK £649.99 – DK 6999.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Travel the LEGO® galaxy in the ultimate Millennium Falcon!
Welcome to the largest, most detailed LEGO® Star Wars Millennium Falcon model we’ve ever created — in fact, with over 7,500 pieces it is the biggest LEGO model ever sold! This amazing LEGO interpretation of Han Solo’s unforgettable Corellian freighter has all the details that Star Wars fans of any age could wish for, including intricate exterior detailing, upper and lower quad laser cannons, landing legs, lowering boarding ramp and a 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy. Remove individual hull plates to reveal the highly detailed main hold, rear compartment and gunnery station. This amazing model also features interchangeable sensor dishes and crew, so you decide whether to play out classic LEGO Star Wars adventures with Han, Leia, Chewbacca and C-3PO, or enter the world of Episode VII and VIII with older Han, Rey, Finn and BB-8!
- Includes 4 classic crew minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia and C-3PO.
- Also includes 3 Episode VII/VIII crew minifigures: Older Han Solo, Rey and Finn.
- Figures include a BB-8 droid, 2 buildable Porgs and a buildable Mynock.
- Exterior features include intricately detailed and removable hull panels, a lowering boarding ramp, concealed blaster cannon, 4-minifigure cockpit with detachable canopy, interchangeable round/rectangular sensor dishes, upper and lower quad laser cannons, and 7 landing legs.
- Main hold features a seating area, Dejarik holographic game, combat remote training helmet, engineering station with turning minifigure seat and a doorway build with passageway decoration.
- Rear compartment features the engine room with hyperdrive and console, 2 doorways, hidden floor compartment, 2 escape pod hatches, engineering console and an access ladder to the gunnery station.
- Gunnery station features a minifigure gunner’s seat and detachable hull panel with fully rotating quad laser cannon. An additional quad laser cannon is also mounted on the underside.
- Also includes an informational fact plaque.
- Features a new cockpit canopy element.
- Classic crew weapons include Han’s blaster pistol and Chewbacca’s stud-firing bowcaster.
- Episode VII/VIII crew weapons include Han’s blaster, Rey’s small silver blaster and Finn’s medium blaster rifle.
- Change out the features and crew characters to switch between classic and Episode VII/VIII versions of the Millennium Falcon!
- Open individual hull panels to access the detailed interior while retaining the overall exterior appearance.
- Slide the panel to reveal the concealed blaster cannon.
- Turn classic Leia’s and Han’s head to reveal their breathing mask decoration.
- Makes the perfect intergalactic toy or flagship display model.
- Measures over 8” (21cm) high, 33” (84cm) long and 22” (56cm) wide.
So now after all of that salivating back down to reality who will be parting with some serious cash to grab this set? As always would love to hear everyone’s thoughts on this one?