This week kicked off by getting the appetite going and everyone asking when are we off to the Phillipines next? I have a feeling I will be tagged in burger posts for weeks to come – anyone remember the white shark? still get tagged in these posts (indigestion coming)! Thankfully it wasn’t all food and varied from new themes through to quirky Batman trivia. Enough said let’s have a look at some highlights below:
- Brick Burgers became an internet hit last week with its brick themed burgers. It seems that being an AFOL and building is not enough and secretly we all want to eat our beloved bricks as well. One can only wonder what colour your number 2’s will be after tucking down into one of these beauties! Image from Brick Burgers – If you’re ever in the Philippines don’t forget to drop in!
- LEGO BRICKHEADZ have splashed down and so far we know of the Superheroes Marvel/DC Comics range and Disney Beauty and the Beast. However there was a mysterious last 2 remaining for the initial launch in March (mid Feb for VIP’s). Well it looks like… Start the drum roll… the final two BRICKHEADZ will be Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Armando Salazar from Pirates of the Caribbean. Image taken from the reverse of the Beauty and the Beast BRICKHEADZ Box currently on auction over on eBay.
- Melbourne, Australia has been on the hunt for a Master Model Builder to join its team at the new Legoland Discovery Centre. As this is LEGO a straight interview just doesn’t cut it so they run a competition called Brick Factor. After two days and three rounds David was crowned the winner and Master Model Builder! Image compliments of Legoland Discovery Centre Melbourne.
- Just because you work reporting on the latest world economics and political environment doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun every now and then! This holds true even for the well respected publication The Economist who let their hair down yesterday and reported on all the size and dimensions of Batman over the decades. Cool little graphic below paints the picture.
- LEGO House website is now live and has heaps of information on what to expect when it opens to the public Autumn 2017. Well worth a glance of the website and a visit if you’re heading over to Billund, Denmark – The building looks spectacular!
That’s a wrap enjoy the rest of your Sunday and hope the Monday blues aren’t too bad!