With all the news flying around I’ve resurrected the weekly news round up in hope of keeping up with all things LEGO. The week started off with a bang with the kick off of Nuremberg Toy Fair 2017 and some of the first images of up and coming winter (summer northern hemisphere) LEGO sets. For me the new Jungle City subtheme got my interest followed by a new direction for Friends venturing into winter sports. Anywhere let’s have a look at what has been swirling around in the news and social media:
- It’s official after a period of 2 years LEGO has reclaimed the title of the most powerful brand for 2017. Based on Brand Finance global 500 annual report, LEGO is rated using the Brand Strength Index (BSI) that measures key indicators such as brand familiarity, loyalty, promotion, marketing investment, staff satisfaction and corporate reputation.
- LEGO Dimensions Wave 8 Packs have finally been officially announced and boy this wave has me excited – “Hey, You Guuuys” and just in case I’ve lost you Goonies (Sloth) all the way! Of course it’s not just the Goonies we also have Harry Potter (Hermione Granger) and LEGO City (Chase McCain) that form part of Wave 8 due for release in May.
- Over the years LEGO has brought us LEGO Studios designed to promote and encourage homemade LEGO movies. Well after a period of being assigned to the ideas shelf gathering dust, LEGO has revamped and released a version around the LEGO Batman Movie rebadged Movie Maker Set. Now available at Brick World LEGO Certified Stores.
- Ever fancied doing a bit of DIY or interior design? This week saw EverBlock Systems flooding our facebook walls and if like me friends and followers tagging me in shared posts. The EverBlock System is simple, utilising a block connector system similar to our beloved brick but in giant size, so that interior walls can be built and added quickly. Or if like me maybe you’ve thought up ideas of building a castle fort for the children!
- Rounding up the news, The first LEGO Ninjago Movie trailer is rumoured (via trailer tracker) to make its inaugural grand appearance next week as part of the not so global release of the LEGO Batman Movie on the 10th February (we have to wait until 30th March in Australia) .
Well that’s my first news round up for the new year – looks like 2017 is going to be a cracker.