It’s been a big week and I feel tired just writing this news roundup. The week started with a quick visit to the grand opening of the new Melbourne LEGOLAND Discovery Centre. I say quick, but flying from Perth, Western Australia to Melbourne, Victoria is like flying from London to Moscow! However, it was worth it as it’s our first centre and has a certified LEGO store attached (see review). Meanwhile back in the AFOL LEGO world there has been a flurry of rumors (more than normal), which normally means big news is on the horizon. let’s have a look at what has been swirling around in the news and social media:
- LEGO Dimensions social media page released a cool Adventure World randomiser a few days back. But what was really interesting was the new upcoming levels coming in Wave 8 that made a brief appearance at the end. For me the one that got me most excited was the city of Astoria, Oregon from the Goonies with subterranean tunnels and One Eyed Willy’s Cave!
- looks like the awesome new polybag battlepods that we saw make an appearance for LEGO Batman Movie have returned and this time round will be a promotional polybag for the NEXO KNIGHTS theme. The first out of focus image has been posted by Just2Good over on Twitter. There was also a rumor going around about NEXO KNIGHTS being cancelled, but that has been debunked thankfully – I would have had a very upset son otherwise!
- Could we be in for a new Creator Grand Carousel? If the rumors are true LEGO could be about to release a modernised version in June this year. Makes sense and seems to be part of LEGO’s strategy to combat Lepin and its blatant copyright theft.
- Brickset celebrated its 20th database birthday on the 17th April. I personally can’t imagine what I would do without the ability to jump over to Brickset to do my research. Here’s to another 20 years – Happy Birthday Brickset!
- Uniqlo Australia / UK / US has launched its next wave of LEGO branded T-Shirts (actually a while back) and I have to say I love them. The majority of the designs are classy and the quality of the T-Shirts is very really good. Head over to the site to see the line up.
- Finally A cool little MOC to end on with the guys over at The MagPi Magazine showing us how to create a LEGO NES case for Raspberry Pi retro gaming. Results are awesome – TAKE MY MONEY!
Well that’s a wrap! Enjoy what’s left of your weekend and let’s hope for confirmation on some of these rumors. Plus cling to hope that LEGO may use May 4th to announce a new UCS Millennium Falcon – we can always dream.