A few weeks back it dawned on me that Bricktober-Perth 2017 was only 10 weeks away and those that order a lot of LEGO from Bricklink know this time can been eaten away quickly when waiting on the postman! So I made a decision to concentrate on my display MOC, but in the process the blog took a bit of a hit on regular updates! To play catch up I have tried to squeeze the last week or so of updates including the new LEGO Star Wars sets (normally this would get its own blog) into a news roundup blog. let’s have a look at what has been swirling around in the news and social media:
- LEGO Ninjago Movie has been flooding the news outlets since the new movie trailer hit our screens during San Diego Comic Con.
- LEGO Ninjago movie news doesn’t stop there with the first trailer and screenshots released by TT Games for the namesake tie in game.
- While I was busy building MOC mountains and delivering the 10 commandments a rather small event (not really) called Comic Con was taking place in San Diego. LEGO has made this a bit of a ritual event where DC and Marvel LEGO exclusives are handed out while the rest of us elsewhere in the world groan at envy and the horrendous resale prices when they pop up on eBay. Jay’s Brick Blog does a great write up on why this trend of exclusives is becoming so obnoxious!
- With the next installment of Star Wars: The Last Jedi due out at the end of the year we got our first glimpse at the new wave of LEGO Star Wars sets. As I mentioned before this really does warrant a dedicated write up, but alias the news is getting a bit dated now. For me the BB8 Model is the highlight and who doesn’t love a Walker!
- A bit of fun from The Brothers Brick and Iain Heath on Flickr. With Star Trek Next Generation STNG about to celebrate its 30th birthday an awesome little diorama titled “Computer, end prog… ok, never mind”
- Bricktober-Perth 2017 for those that don’t know – It’s our premier LEGO show down here in our little corner of the Planet Perth , Western Australia. Last year I dipped my toe in by volunteering and had a great time meeting all the builders and the AFOL community (still pretty fresh to the AFOL LEGO scene and blogging). This year I have gone all out and will be exhibiting! Check out my roundup from last year – Bricktober-Perth 2016. If anyone is interested and lives local the event organisers are still looking for volunteers (further info). Dates are locked in for the 7-8th October at Curtin stadium and tickets are on sale now.
- LEGO Worlds announces first expansion – Classic Space DLC lands today and is downloadable for a small fee.
Well that’s a wrap hope you’re all enjoying your Sunday building something exciting before the working week kicks in and the Monday blues start!
Perth Followers – Last up if you’re tempted to volunteer for Bricktober look at my mug shot above (face of joy) it’s well worth giving it ago and it’s for a great cause.