You would be forgiven in thinking that there has been other news other than the constant stream of potential LEGO Star Wars UCS Millennium Falcon teasers! Surprisingly there has been some rather big news like a new CEO at the head of the LEGO group or David Beckham attempting to take on the LEGO Disney Castle on a Emporio Armani towel in the sun (poor white bricks!). Let’s have a look at what has been swirling around in the news and social media:
- After just 8 months LEGO Group CEO Bali Padda will be replaced by Niels B. Christiansen Formerly CEO of Danfoss (Danish based company). Bali Padda will move to a special advisory role within LEGO Brand Group when Niels B. Christiansen takes over in October. Knudstorp was quoted as saying “he started looking for a younger successor to Padda, who is the oldest person on the Lego management team, immediately after his appointment, but admitted that the transition had come faster than expected. It can take a long time to find the right one, but when Niels stepped down at Danfoss, I faced one of the country’s absolute best persons to lead a big global company. I suddenly saw a chance to shorten the process,” Knudstorp said. It could easily have taken two to three years,” he said, adding that while it was not essential to have a Dane leading Lego, it was important to understand its roots.”
- After what felt like ages LEGO has finally revealed the designer video for LEGO Ninjago city 70620. Oh boy I was tempted before, but now its top of the wish list – Damn you LEGO!
- Looks like our European cousins are going to get their hands on the LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store 21310 before the rest of us. LEGO have just announced designer signing events at 4 of its European Stores (London is still European Brexit or not!).
If like me you can’t wait LEGO also released a stop-motion video called “Antons Cat Adventures”. Cool little bit of quicky fun.
- It’s been quiet for a while but ReBrick now has a new competition up and running to mark the release of 31069 Modular Family Villa, 31068 Modular Modern Home and 31067 Modular Poolside Holiday (LEGO Creator 3 in 1). All you have to do is show your creative side and build and add a module to one of the sets and you could win a collection of six LEGO Creator sets. Head over to ReBrick for details on how to enter and good luck!
- A while back I highlighted (LED Blog) an interesting wireless LED brick lighting system by i-Brix over on Kickstarter. Well I’m pleased to say the creator has hit his target and first stretch goal. The campaign ends in less than 48 hours so if you want to jump onboard head over to the kickstarter page. If you want to see what all the hype is about watch Jangbricks video below.
Well that’s another wrap for a week now back to selling LEGO to fund the next round of LEGO purchases. Also for all my followers in Perth keep an eye out this week I will be running a competition to win 2 x Golden tickets to Bricktober-Perth compliments of the mastermind himself Stephen Kendall.